Search This Blog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coming Tomorrow: The Gospel of Luke pt. 1

I have been trying to figure out how to write about my encounter with the Gospel of Luke and have finally decided that I cannot do so in one entry. So I have decided to dedicate next week to a discussion of what I find uniquely compelling about Luke's story of Jesus. And by unique I mean both Luke's take and my own. The story begins in the year 1990 when Luke was the subject of my ordination exam and my interest has grown over the last twenty years. What I propose, as far as I know, has not been proposed before. Whether it is valid will depend on my ability to articulate it and the readers' judgement as to whether I made my case.

Now I do not intend to present my assessment as an academic paper. I hope I can share it in a way that is both convincing and accessible to the casual but interested blog reader.

We'll see. But I do hope you will comment as we go. Should I try to present this information more "formally" your comments will no doubt help me clarify my thoughts.

Oh, and one more thing. Luke is the Gospel for this lectionary year (C) and his version of the Easter story will be read in churches following the lectionary. So this little exercise is also sermon prep. You know how much I love sermon prep!

1 comment:

  1. I believe this will be a very interesting treatise. I have tended to just gather myself within the confines of the robes of my favorite gospel writer, John. I look forward to seeing what you have to say my friend!

    ReplyDelete