Search This Blog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wednesday Haiku



Greetings. I will be leaving town tomorrow morning so I thought I would post the Wednesday Haiku this afternoon. I understand the theme is "flame". Here ya go.




I stared into flames

Until I saw nothing but

The cosmos’ first spark


It flared through my soul

Burning all but trace remnants

Of clay and scarred earth


Bits and pieces, shards

Of creation’s first fumbling

Skeletal and dry


Yet deep within the

Cavernous darkness a trace

Of moisture remained


Which defied the flames

And slowly seeped upward towards

Heat’s flickering threat


Defiant and bold

Quenching the thirst of ages

Until it engulfed


The ravenous flame

Now the glowing residue

domesticated

4 comments:

  1. WOW.Very well done, James.
    I like what you mentioned about soul.
    Happy Wednesday!
    Mine is here
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are probably acquainted with the poems of Gerard Manley Hopkins. Your poem reminds me of these line from his poem, "God's Grandeur":

    The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil...

    Blessed words--yours and his!

    Imagine the flames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JAMES the whole collection is magnificent! a ravenous flame tamed by a wee bit of moisture... so profound yet so beautiful. i can see so many subliminal meanings here. i love it!!!

    Your Inner Flame (Haiku)
    Burning Heart (Haiku)

    ReplyDelete