Search This Blog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday, February 7, 2010

55 word story

My friend 5th sister's blog spoke of a challenge to produce a 55 word story. Although I cannot claim to match the lyrical quality of her offering, I thought it might be fun to try. So here is my effort, admittedly written without a lot of effort.

The steam from my mocha rose like incense as I stared into her eyes. They were moist, like the underside of a rock on a mossy plain. I knew what was behind those rocky, wet, eyes. She had come to say no. No to my future. No to my happiness. No to my encyclopedia set.

1 comment:

  1. I found it! I'm not quite sure how I would interpret this...

    a rejected door to door salesman, perhaps?
    an abandoned grad school love?

    Regardless, it is nicely done and gives me fodder to ponder on!

    ReplyDelete