Search This Blog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Quick Thought On Gays in the Military

I intend to write about Bullying. I don't like bullying. But then, who does? Only bullies, a suspect, like bullying. So why is it that so few states have laws making bullying a crime? Why, in my own town, when I speak of the bullying my son is subject to, the response is to suggest changes to my son?

But that is for another day.

But I cannot help but have these feelings as I see the twisted arguments in favor of Don't ask, Don't tell. We have to put a stop to responding to discrimination and violence by demanding the victim accommodate. Whether its gays in the military (or anywhere else for that matter), domestic violence, or bullying. Stop blaming the victim. Yea. I know. Everyone will say "sure--that's right--of course--" and yet it still goes on.

2 comments:

  1. We love to blame the victim. I hear it is poor people's fault that they are poor, too. All reasons to keep perpetrating violence against the weak- whether they are physically weak, fiscally weak, or like gays in the military, politically weak.

    ReplyDelete